Posting Date: 2018-Dec-20
Closing Date: Currently accepting applicants.
Protocol2 Air Sciences Inc. is a dynamic environmental company based out of Edmonton, Alberta. Our business line focuses on air quality and source emission sampling at various industrial facilities across Alberta. We have gained a reputation as leaders by providing accurate, reliable and high quality air emission testing services and are committed to delivering the highest quality of service in the industry.
We are currently seeking motivated and goal orientated individuals interested in professional growth and development to join our group as an Air Emissions/Air Quality Technician. Protocol2 offers a positive team oriented work atmosphere with competitive remuneration, benefits package, group RRSP plans and employee profit sharing.
Working with other technologists and supervisors as a team, your primary role will be preparing for and conducting various stack emissions monitoring projects at industrial facilities throughout Alberta. Sampling is conducted using either Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) and/or Manual Sampling methods following Alberta Environment and/or US EPA sampling protocols.
• Conduct stack emissions monitoring at industrial sites throughout Alberta following regulatory test procedures,
• Preparation, maintenance, and calibration of sampling equipment for field work
• Complete Field Level Hazard Assessment forms and work site permitting requirements,
• Recovery of field samples, preparation of sample chain of custody records, and submission of samples to laboratory for analysis,
• Project computer data entry,
• Promote a safe and enjoyable work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Technical diploma or equivalent (preferably in environmental sciences),
• Must be physically fit, and must not be afraid of heights, with the ability to climb to elevated platforms (40 – 180 ft),
• Willingness to travel to out of town projects (ranging from 1 – 4 days at a time) on an intermittent basis,
• Ability to work outdoors under various environmental conditions
• Good computer, communication, organizational and problem solving skills,
• Motivation with the ability to lead by example,
• Ability to work as part of a team or on own,
• Ability to follow all safe work practices and procedures, and foster a safe work environment
• Positive outlook with open communication,
• Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
Protocol2 recognizes professional development where motivated, forward thinking candidates with leadership skills in a team atmosphere can achieve career growth and advancement. Employees are encouraged to contribute to the development, success and growth of the company through idea input and open communication with management and fellow employees.
To apply please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources Department
Protocol2 thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.